Did you notice

Reese reeza at flex.com
Tue Mar 20 17:29:14 PST 2001

At 12:23 PM 3/20/01 -0500, Trei, Peter wrote:

 >Well, you could try http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvintl.html
 >While this is on a page advocating gun ownership, the statistics cited
 >are from non-partisan sources.
 >
 >For some breakdown of US homicides by race, try
 >http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a39235bd43dd9.htm
 >once again, this is a partisan page, but the stats straight from
 >the US Gov.  (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/homtrnd.htm)

Aye, thanks for the links,,,

more fuel for the fire - Britain may ban toys:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk_politics/newsid_1207000/1207355.stm

 >Doesn't anyone besides myself know how to use a search
 >engine, or check numbers before posting?

Sure, but I wanted to know why the earlier url I posted DID NOT mention
murder rates, along with all the violent crime it did list.  Anyone can
find out what the numbers are, but will those numbers tell the story of
why the most violent of violent crimes was elided from that story?

Reese