ORBS sucked into a black hole!

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Wed Jun 13 11:05:11 PDT 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 measl at mfn.org wrote:

>There is another dark side to ORBS which seems to be missed here:  Most
>people's primary complaint about spammers is that they (the spammer) is
>making use of network services at someone elses expense, without
>permission of the spamee.  ORBS is guilty of the EXACT same "crime" - but,
>the ORBS is Politically Correct, so nobody seems to mind...

Not really.  My problem with spam is not so much the use of my
network services sans permission as the use of my eyeballs and
attention sans permission.  I could give a flying leap about
how busy my router is (well, within its capacity anyhow) as
long as I can read my email without being pestered by
advertisements.

				Bear