FW: City Tree Rapers

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sat Jun 9 20:38:26 PDT 2001

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Harmon Seaver wrote:

>          Libel? Or really! And just who, pray tell, is being libeled? Let
> whoever thinks they are being libeled have at it.  Politicians sue the press
> for libel?  Don't be ridiculous. This is political speech and is entirely
> protect by the 1st admendment. Even someone like you has, I'm sure, heard of

Bullshit, the 1st makes no such distinction. With respect to libel, or any
other form of speech it only says it isn't a federal issue. Note that no
stipulation is put upon the states (see 10'th).

                                 Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

              "...where annual election ends, tyranny begins;"

                               Thomas Jefferson & Samuel Adams

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com