MS adds their two bits to the credentialing of America

Roy M. Silvernail roy at scytale.com
Thu Jun 7 11:15:50 PDT 2001

On 7 Jun 2001, at 12:27, Riad S. Wahby wrote:

> I'm not convinced that the intersection of the sets 'uses windows' and
> 'needs to nymify' (or, alternatively, 'cannot use (some other
> operating system)' and 'needs to nymify') is so great that this really
> matters.  Even if it is, if the need is great enough even the steepest
> learning curve can begin to look pretty inviting.
>
> In other words, the answer at that point is not to use Windows.

I agree, but both of us are possessed of some clue.  It can be
argued that nymity also benefits the non-techie, but this is the
same audience that doesn't use PGP because it's too complicated
(notwithstanding the Eudora and Outlook plugins).  For the
Linophobes, Windows is the only apparent choice.

On second thought, perhaps this isn't the problem I had thought it
to be.  "Think of it as evolution in action."

--
Roy M. Silvernail
Proprietor, scytale.com
roy at scytale.com