thoughtcrime, doublestandards, mandatory youth education centers

Mr. Falun Gong balun_bong at free-tibet.net.cn
Wed Jul 18 14:54:25 PDT 2001

Murder Essay Homework Upsets Parent

                           SPRINGFIELD, Pa. (AP) -- A high school
student's father is calling for disciplinary action against a
                           teacher who assigned his son's summer-school
class to write a fictional first-person account of an armed
                           robbery and murder.

                           Students in the class were given two essay
options, one of which was to write a 300-word essay on the
                           following topic: ''We only meant to rob the
store; we didn't want to kill him.''

                           ''I think the teacher should be suspended for
three days and get some counseling,'' Tom Moore said. ''If
                           they found that my son had written something
like this on his own, that's what would happen to him.''

snip

http://www.newsday.com/ap/text/national/ap554.htm