Pantellic acquires PhotoPoint.com

ceo at newsletter.photopoint.com ceo at newsletter.photopoint.com
Wed Jul 18 14:36:12 PDT 2001

Please note, this email is being sent to inform you about
important news at PhotoPoint.com. Even if you have opted
out of promotional messages, we are required to contact you
regarding this important change.

Pantellic Acquires PhotoPoint.com

PHOTOPOINT.COM ACQUIRED BY ITS ORIGINAL CREATORS

Dear Members,

I am very pleased to announce some exciting changes at
PhotoPoint.com.

Many people have expressed fears about the future of
PhotoPoint.com in light of the many closures, layoffs, and changes
that are occurring at other photo sites. The recent changes at
PhotoPoint.com ensure a long and stable future for the site
and your photos.

Until now, PhotoPoint.com has been owned and managed by
PhotoPoint Corp (USA), but developed and maintained by
Pantellic Software Inc. Pantellic was the original creator of the
site, and back in 1999, sold the intellectual property of the site
to PhotoPoint Corp.

Pantellic Software is proud to announce that on July 17th, we
re-acquired the rights to the site, allowing us to continue to
develop and maintain the site as we have been, but also letting
us set the future direction, based upon our daily contact with
the membership. You can view our press release at:
http://ads.photopoint.com/j/Gateway?source=mo20010718&uid=141965&id=bignews&redir=bignews

I would like to apologize for any uncertainty that our members
may have experienced during the transition of ownership.
Your photos, albums, and memberships were never at any risk
of loss. The safety and integrity of our members' photos has
always been, and will continue to be, our number one priority.
We understand how important your photos are to you.

We want to assure our members that we will honour all existing
paid memberships and trial accounts. In addition, in appreciation
of your patience and loyalty during this period of uncertainty,
we will be extending the term of existing paid memberships
by two months.

In the future, we plan to make the site even better. We know the
success of the site hinges on the satisfaction of you, the members
of PhotoPoint. We will be counting on your comments and
 suggestions about our features and services to help us make the
right changes and enhancements to the site. We would encourage
members to send any constructive feedback or suggestions to suggestions at photopoint.com.

I apologize for our delays in communicating these events of
the past week to you. As you can appreciate, the transition
of ownership has been very hectic for us, and during private
negotiations, one's ability to make public statements can be
limited.

I want to personally thank you for your loyalty. All of us in
the Pantellic Family look forward to continuing to make
PhotoPoint.com the greatest and safest place in the world
to store and share your photos.

Sincerely,

Dale Gass
CEO, Pantellic Software, Inc.

PHOTOPOINT HOME
Share and store your photos in secure online albums.
http://ads.photopoint.com/j/Gateway?source=mo20010718&uid=141965&id=mainpage&redir=mainpage

VISIT MY ALBUMS
View and share the photos in your albums today.
http://ads.photopoint.com/j/Gateway?source=mo20010718&uid=141965&id=login&redir=login

GALLERY
Check out photos from PhotoPoint members around the world.
http://ads.photopoint.com/j/Gateway?source=mo20010718&uid=141965&id=gallery&redir=gallery

PHOTOTALK
Learn about digital photography, get photo tips and tricks and more.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Gateway?source=mo20010718&uid=141965&id=phototalk&redir=phototalk