DMCA has pushed me to my limit.

Black Unicorn unicorn at schloss.li
Tue Jul 17 10:18:42 PDT 2001

Ok.  That's pretty much my limit.

When a foreign national can be arrested for a bit of coding which was
developed (I assume) outside the US and never, by his actions (I assume)
hit US soil well it really is time for the DMCA to go.

I'd be interested in talking to cypherpunks who actually would like to do
something activist about eliminating this legislative scourge and hopefully
doing something a bit more substantial than EFF or CPSR has been doing on
the subject.

Is there a legal fund developing for our wayward Russian or an anti-DMCA
fund?  Am I giving EFF and CPSR a bad rap?  Should we be giving them money
earmarked exclusively for anti-DMCA activities?  Where is the usually
outspoken John Gilmore after his landmark essay on the topic?  (
http://www.toad.com/gnu/whatswrong.html )  Where can reverse engineering be
conducted in the world anymore without felonies being leveled?  Does anyone
care?

0x5EECF144 - 3072/1024
E1E1 3903 6880 62BE 7FAC  22BD 080C A545 5EEC F144