Choatian Disorders Explained

Black Unicorn unicorn at schloss.li
Tue Jul 3 16:26:22 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim May" <tcmay at got.net>
To: "Jim Choate" <ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com>; "The Club Inferno"
<hell at EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
Cc: <cypherpunks at EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: Italy Public Announcement (fwd)

> At 3:11 PM -0500 7/3/01, Jim Choate wrote:

[Absolutely nothing worth quoting.]

Mr. May replied:

> Christ, Choate, it's bad enough that you spam us with whatever you
> think is of even slight technical interest, including stuff exported
> en masse from Slashdot.
>
> But could you _please_ knock of the spamming of us with junk from
> government announcement lists?
>
> I was doing some consolidating of very old documents, files, etc.
> from several of my older computers and I came across a tickler list
> I'd set to launch on my old Mac IIci when I booted it. The file was
> last edited in 1994, nearly 7 years ago. It had your name on it,
> along with half a dozen or so other names.
>
> "Jim Choate is clueless."
>
> Not much has changed in 7 years, except perhaps that you're more
> stridently clueless.
>
> --Tim May

I have all Choate's many addresses filtered but stuff coming from others
discussing Choate still gets through.  (Note to self: fix this).

I'm pretty convinced that Mr. Choate just needs the attention so badly that
he doesn't care.  The more we complain about his nonsense the more
determined he is to send more nonsense out.

I was cleaning out my cypherpunk archives of all things Choate.  I have a
big folder called 'spam' that I USED to dump all Choatisms- along with the
porn, get rich quick and penis enlargement solicitations, to for later
quick review prior to disposal.  Now I dump the Choate stuff directly to
the trash.  The penis enlargement solicitations still go into the 'spam'
folder.  They are far more entertaining than Choate.

Anyhow, while cleaning these out I discovered this:

(begin quote)