Whats NOOS?

Greg Reynolds gregreynolds at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 30 15:32:29 PST 2001

They're not listed in the department's acronym list and site search
reveals very little relating to NOOS (doubt they're NOS - National Ocean
Service).

"National Ocean Service (NOS)--conducts research on health of the
coastal environment, which translates into healthy coastal economics.
>From gathering data about the coast to producing marine and aeronautical
charts for safe navigation, NOS is at the forefront of merging coastal
resources with a forward-moving economy."

http://osecnt13.osec.doc.gov/public.nsf/docs/bureau-acronyms

http://www.fedworld.gov/

I'd be more afraid they were these guys:

Agency: Military Sealift Command
Office: B-210 Washington Navy Yard Room 241, Code NOOS
Washington DC 20378-5100
(202) 433-0061

Any enlightenment available on circumstances?