Bell Grand Jury

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Sat Jan 27 09:27:17 PST 2001

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, John Young wrote:

>Choate wrote:
>
>>How the wind changes...
>
>The point, hardhead, is to keep communications public.
>Private stuff can be leveraged into a subpoena. Not
>your own private stuff, somebody else's. Like your CDR
>rat.

It's flatly weird to me to see which people are getting
dragged into this and which ones aren't and which ones
aren't *yet*. Something in the back of my brain is going,
There's a Pattern Here.  And I even think the pattern is
based on public communications. And I think the pattern
applies in such a way that there are people it requires
to get dragged into this, that haven't gotten dragged into
it yet.  But I can't quite put my finger on what the pattern
is.  So I've been digging through the cypherpunks archives
trying to figure it out.

Nothing yet.  Just a feeling.  And it could be purely
subjective at that. It's a weird feeling, like trying to
solve a really short vignere cryptogram; not really enough
information to use anything but intuition, but something is
there, right beneath the surface, that shows a pattern if
you can only figure out what the pattern is.

				Bear