IP, forwarded posts, and copyright infringement

Mike Holmes mycroftxxx at rebma.pro-ns.net
Wed Jan 10 22:57:36 PST 2001

Allow me to summarize:

1) I claim you can't admit an error.
2) You disagree, and ask me for an example.
3) You provide an example yourself.
   3a) Your example dates back nearly three years.
   3b) In your example, you claim you were right all along, and Tim
       was wrong.

Let's take it from there.  Either a) You were right and Tim was wrong,
in which case your example isn't an example of admitting an error,
or b) You were wrong, and Tim was right, and right now, you're showing
yourself incapable of admitting that.

If you'd have left it at "Back in 1997, I admitted that Tim was
right about the G3", you'd have had me.  I claimed you never
admit a single error, and you'd have found a counter example to an
all-encompassing declaration.

But you COULDN'T leave it at that.
You were compelled to add "I turned out to be right"...

And that pretty much confirms what I was claiming to begin with.

If NOMAD here was any good at logic, we'd be beaming him out to
the minimum safe distance right now.

My old man was often heard to quip: "I made a mistake once....
I thought I was wrong, but I wasn't."

That second sentence is the punch line, Choate.  Just FYI.