American Bar Association - 1 click patents

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Feb 28 15:52:12 PST 2001

At 3:34 PM -0800 2/28/01, Tim May wrote:

>>I'm not saying that thats a good thing, but given that the ABA
>>is a nest of those rent-seekers, having them on the receiving side
>>carries a certain poetry that I'm suprised you don't see.
>>

>Oh, I see it all right. I just don't _ever_ support bad laws, no
>matter how much the application is "just desserts."
>
>And should this interpretation be applied to the ABA, application to
>everyone else would follow swiftly.

I should've added the obvious, if a bit conspiratorial, point that
that ABA could conceivably be the ones behind such a lawsuit.

Br'er Rabbit be sayin': "Oh, puh-leese, don't be suin' me over dat ADA shit!"

Anything the American Bar Association loses by being forced to make
Web materials readable to the blind, the spastic, and the retarded
would be repaid many times over by increased business to their
shysters.

(I doubt such a lawsuit is in progress, or could be won. Just a
talking point, basically.)

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns