The meek will inherit what, exactly?

Warren Piece kenny_maekit at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 13 05:46:48 PST 2001

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
		-Matthew 5, verse 5.

>I regard that one verse, and its implications, as one of the most
>dire, tragic, and hopeless of all the prophecies in the bible.

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done
is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun."   -
Ecclesiastes I, verse 9

your statement is not so new.  even the Bible itself gives phrophecy about
the destruction of the world.  so, those who lived in the 'old days' were
not really (or did not need to be) ignorant concerning the destruction which
would befall the earth.
of course, the catch is to recognize/accept the new jerusalem as the
inheritance of the "redeemed".