Privacybuy.com sucks

atek3 atek3 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 2 11:35:55 PST 2001

Ha, read this lil blurb from their site:
PrivateBuy is the only personal payment account that lets you safely and anonymously shop anywhere online. PrivateBuy cloaks your identity, shields your money and offers the same universal acceptance as a credit card. It's the vehicle that ensures your peace-of-mind, security and privacy when shopping online. As a PrivateBuyer you have incredible buying power, protection and anonymity. Your purchases are kept private and off your credit card statement. You'll also stay off marketing and mailing lists. Whether you're concerned about using your credit card all over the Web, worried about identity theft, or just looking for a better way to buy -- PrivateBuy gives you the confidence you need to purchase whatever you want.

Ya thats a load of shit!  If you ask me they are either working for the government or making a fortune by turning in the idiots who use it under the guise of anonymity.
The worst link in the system is payment.  to use privacybuy you need to fund your account with a credit card I don't get it. What is the point of paying them a 4 dollar service charge if a 2 dollar subpoena will give away your name address and vital statistics!
I'd hate to see the look on the basterds face who orders chemicals from fisher thinking he got away clean, when 20 jack booted thugs come in and kick his door down!

Can one of the more educated cypherpunks inform me of the appropriate way to buy and pay for things anonymously online?

Thanks

atek3