cell phone guns

Matthew Gaylor freematt at coil.com
Sun Dec 30 20:53:53 PST 2001

At 8:01 PM -0600 12/30/01, david wrote:
>On Sunday 30 December 2001 07:37 pm, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>
>  >      Nobody, but nobody, walks around with an empty chamber, whatever
>  > the caliber.
>
>Last I heard the Isreali military still did.

This is correct-

Col. Cooper had some interesting things to say about the Israelis-

<http://www.jpate.freeserve.co.uk/JeffCooper/jeff5_7.html>

"A couple of correspondents have asked us recently what we think of
the Israeli "flat stance" in defensive pistol shooting. If you have
seen the training films you know that the Israeli procedure is to
rotate the pistol 90 degrees to the left so as to make it easier to
operate the slide when the pistol is pointed at the target. It has
been pointed out to me that a number of cinema presentations have
featured this technique - apparently in an attempt to latch onto
anything new.

It happens that Mossad, the Israeli attack squad, fancies the use of
the 22 pistol as a murder weapon. This is quite sound when the pistol
is used in a totally offensive mode, since the subject is confronted
just out of arm's length and hit ten times quickly in the chest area.
Ten 22-caliber holes in the thorax are fatal, as any qualified
thoracic surgeon will tell you. In employing this system the weapon
is carried in Condition 3 until the moment of confrontation,
whereupon it is drawn, pointed straight out and the action is racked
with the left hand. This is somewhat easier to do if the weapon is
held flat rather than vertically. Accuracy does not matter and sights
do not matter. Ten quick hits will do the job, whereupon the agent
drops the pistol at the scene (for the laboratory to puzzle over) and
walks quickly away.

Since the pistol is a totally defensive weapon, this Israeli flat
technique is of only academic interest to us."

Regards,  Matt-