Pay per use remailers and remailer reliability tracking.

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Dec 21 20:42:46 PST 2001

    --
On 20 Dec 2001, at 21:00, Steve Schear wrote:
> We should all be ashamed.  The main reason we don't have
> the private payment system many have discussed is
> lazyness/"better things to do with their time" by those
> with the technical ability to create the SW (if I were one
> of them the SW would be done by now, as I've easily spent
> 1-2 many years and $10Ks trying to get others to write the
> code).  Funding the payment system, as Tim has noted, is
> not that hard.

I have been working on this project for several years, and
have not got much done.  It is a big project, to do it right,
with a user interface that is going to be reasonably usable
and intelligible for a casual user,  I would say it is about
eighteen months full time work if done at home, and if done
as a dot com business, a couple of million dollars.

Doing it right requires a reasonably competent programmer,
someone with experience in producing consumer products.  Such
people tend to be busy.  I have kids to put through college.
Because of the illegality of likely applications, this is not
a project that bodes well for making a lot of money.

This project is the upper edge of what can be done by an
enthusiast.  Having done it, then comes the scary part --
deploying it.  No way can I deploy it -- I have too many
assets.   Anyone that has the skills and time needed to
create this is apt to have too many assets to himself deploy
it.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     LnKyj9xPCkeKLryKpX/SwS8LghhHga8iIH4aM/Nt
     4QLZ88QAqycmHGkE0D0pOXkxpvslDNBdb7dGf/c36