Pay per use remailers and remailer reliability tracking.

Steve Schear schear at lvcm.com
Thu Dec 20 21:00:44 PST 2001

At 05:54 PM 12/20/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>At 09:30 PM 12/20/01 -0000, Dr. Evil wrote:
> >> A token-based remailer system, while an "obvious" system, would be a
> >> major accomplishment.
> >
> >Any kind of privacy-enhanced token/payment/value system would be a
> >major accomplishment at this point.  The c'punks have been in biz for
> >almost ten years now, and private payments have always been probably
> >the #1 goal, and we are _further_ from having a private payment system
> >now than we were ten years ago.  We've got the math.  We don't have
> >the software or the business, though.
> >
> >The reasons for this have been debated over and over.  We're at an
> >impasse.
>
>Its not possible for the mousetrap builders to generate interest
>in the better stopping of mice.  We don't control the silos of grain
>nor the investors therein.  Do not thrash your soul over this.

I disagree.  We should all be ashamed.  The main reason we don't have the
private payment system many have discussed is lazyness/"better things to do
with their time" by those with the technical ability to create the SW (if I
were one of them the SW would be done by now, as I've easily spent 1-2 many
years and $10Ks trying to get others to write the code).  Funding the
payment system, as Tim has noted, is not that hard.

steve