CNN.com on Remailers

mattd mattd at useoz.com
Mon Dec 17 20:08:24 PST 2001

 >>something similar to 'innocent until proven innocent'. > That's the only
defence against 'conspiracy'.

 >> Typical Choate, missing the point. A remailer simply gets sent a
message, applies it's decryption key, and sends the contents on to the next
address (yes, this type of remailer does not include nice features such as
cover traffic). It has no idea if the address it received the message from
is a remailer. It has no idea if the address it forwarded the message to is
a remailer. It doesn't need to. Chaining is the sender's problem. The point
here is that the remailer treats other remailers exactly as it treats
source and destination nodes. There is no file on the remailer which says
"I'll treat hosts from this list specially". This prevents the remop from
having to worry about being sucked into a conspiracy charge for a crime
commited by a different remop. He doesn't know, need to know, or want to
know what other sites are remailers. He doesn't need to know the other
remops, or communicate with them, except to inform the world (not just
remops) that 'there is a remailer here." Peter Trei

Oh ye of little faith ,jimmy,jimmy,jimmy.What of the old soft drill attack
as the BEST defence?
Peter knows all about section 25,paragraph 18.-"need to know." Thats the
beauty of open conspiracy ,operation soft drill,as well and all.
One other thing choaty,please dont drag that nasty creep matt drudge in
here,he's stinkin up the page more than Tim on a bad day.
Thanks mate,see ya.yr cobra professor rat. "It's an idiot, not a metaphor."