CNN.com on Remailers

Marcel Popescu mdpopescu at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 04:12:08 PST 2001

From: "Faustine" <faustine at lokmail.net>

> Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them did have nightmares
about the
> Constitution. Not as a piece of paper dancing around on Mickey Mouse legs
or
> whatever the hell you're getting at, but as an idea repersenting the rule
> of law that was going to lead to them being jailed for murder. Which
> unfortunately never happened, but so it goes.

Thanks for proving my point. (For the intellectually impaired: the
Constitution never DOES anything. Your magical belief in its virtues is
equivalent to pagan's beliefs in idols: they accomplish nothing. A law must
be backed by force - and it's the FORCE that does this or that, not the
law.)

> I'm sure anyone who speaks English as a first language didn't find it odd
or
> have a problem understanding such a common expression. It's an idiom, not
> metaphor. Your English is generally great, but you might want to have a
look at
> various online ESL dictionaries of idiomatic usage if you have time, it
probably
> would make things a little easier for you here.

Yes, I am sure that imagining the Constitution standing will make it much
easier. Delusions are known to do that.

> The language issue might also explain why you missed my original point.

Great. Try rephrasing it without using metaphors, idioms, or whatever.

> No
> hard feelings; I'd rather talk about issues than quibble over this sort of
> thing anyday. I'm sure if I were trying to do this in French or German
instead,
> I'd be having the same sort of trouble myself.

I'm not objecting to the language; English is fine. I'm objecting to
delusions. Laws don't ACT, no matter what language you're using.

You should rely more on your guns and less on your papers.

Mark