CNN.com on Remailers

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Wed Dec 19 09:30:17 PST 2001

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Faustine wrote:

> Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them did have nightmares about the
> Constitution. Not as a piece of paper dancing around on Mickey Mouse legs or
> whatever the hell you're getting at, but as an idea repersenting the rule
> of law that was going to lead to them being jailed for murder. Which
> unfortunately never happened, but so it goes.

One would hope that the same guys that swore an oath to serve and protect
the laws of the USA would realize that the very first such set of laws was
and is the Constitution.

Certainly power does corrupt, but you've got to think that at one point in
their lives before they became G men, they had it in mind that they were
doing something good and wholesome in working for Uncle Sam, and
protecting Americans and the American Way of Life (as defined by the
Declaration of Independance, the Bill of Rights, etc.)

Unless of course it was a choice between flippin' Big Mac's and workin'
for Uncle Sam... but I digress.. :)

They are supposed to be the good guys after all - serving the law (and by
definition the greatest law of the USA - its Constitution).  You know,
they're supposed to be the ones wearing the white cowboy hats.  The ones
that never start the gun fights, but always win them, the ones that help
old ladies cross the corral... Not the cattle rustlin', horse theiving,
lying, cussin', motherlovin', train-robbin', scandal covering up guys who
in the movies are always wearing black cowboy hats.

Seeing creatures (as in the lore of H.P. Lovecraft) such as Janet Reno,
Lon Hirouchi (sp?) and Jeff Gordon, one wants to walk up to them and ask
"Where did you go astray?  What corrupted you?  Or were you just attracted
to power like a horsefly to fresh dog shit?"

 + ^ + :Surveillance cameras|Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\
  \|/  :aren't security.  A |share them, you don't hang them on your/\|/\
<--*-->:camera won't stop a |monitor, or under your keyboard, you   \/|\/
  /|\  :masked killer, but  |don't email them, or put them on a web  \|/
 + v + :will violate privacy|site, and you must change them very often.
--------_sunder_ at _sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------