AP Al Qaeda

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Wed Dec 12 04:49:26 PST 2001

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> Without getting into any AP discussion, I would point out that there
> are some positive things to be said about turning to property taxes.
>
> Also, if you fail to pay your property tax now, it will (in extremis)
> be confiscated. Armed resistance to confiscation would be met by
> escalation, including, if necessary, military helicopters.

So the property you own is really(!) owned by the state and you pay the
initial payments for title transfer and the taxes during occupation
(sounds like rent doesn't it?) unless you default in which case they take
their property back...

Seems to me the ideal strategy is to not own anything of significant
value.

             Day by day the Penguins are making me lose my mind.

                                             Bumper Sticker

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com