AP Al Qaeda

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Tue Dec 11 22:40:47 PST 2001

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 08:20:25PM +0100, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Taxes (much higher than before due to the greater expenses of operating
> the government) could be charged based on imputed property values
> depending on zip code and acreage.  Everyone in a particular neighborhood
> would be charged a fixed amount per square foot.  Any household which
> does not provide the required fee (via cryptographic anonymous transfer
> into the government account of course) would have its property subject
> to confiscation by police.  Armed resistance would be met by military
> force including helicopter gunships.

Without getting into any AP discussion, I would point out that there
are some positive things to be said about turning to property taxes.

Also, if you fail to pay your property tax now, it will (in extremis)
be confiscated. Armed resistance to confiscation would be met by
escalation, including, if necessary, military helicopters.

-Declan