Jim Bell sentenced to 10 years in prison

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sat Aug 25 15:44:25 PDT 2001

Declan, you are still tarring me with messages addressed to
me and cc'ed to cpunks. So I state: I want no direct e-mail
to me about cybercriminals convicted or likely to be that.
Anybody does that after I ask them not to I will consider
working with the authorities, wittingly or unwittingly.

Let me say that again, any reporter, priest, doctor, lawyer,
or any other likely undercover agent which meets with me,
sends me e-mail, telephones me, or faxes me without
making that simultaneously public I will interpret as an
attempt to entrap either for professional reasons or to
help the authorities or both.

Declan, I say to you, that means you. I think you are being
used as a lure just as much as Jim Bell, CJ and a several
more. Your journalistic conceit appears to be blinding you
to the threat you pose. Recall our talk about this in Seattle
when you warned me that our conversations could be
someday revealed in court, and that you considered your
telling me that as fair warning to be careful what I told you.

This is not to single you out, I told the 60 Minutes reporters
and other journalists what I'm saying to you here. None
of you fuckers are free of being forced to tell what you
have been told in confidence, and no fair warning relieves
you of the obligation to tell those who confided in you just
what you are telling others to save your own ass.

All the privileged receivers of confidential information got
to get used to going public before they are forced to testify
in secret. That is happening now and will happen more as
the homeland war heats up and nuts and tits get squeezed.

Where am I going with this? I believe Jim Bell and CJ
were shopped to the feds, and others are probably being
shopped right now, whether on purpose or by inadvertency.
I don't know who all  is involved with this shit but it is damn
well is going to come out.

Best to just not pretend anymore that these privileged parties
can or will keep information confidential. That means nobody.