BESS's Secret LOOPHOLE (censorware vs. privacy & anonymity)

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Thu Aug 16 08:09:01 PDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 08:28:42AM -0400, Seth Finkelstein wrote:
> been pleased with that. See the second Peacefire *press release* at
> http://peacefire.org/censorware/BAIR/wired-press-message.6-23-2000.txt

Of course, the opposing view is here:
http://www.well.com/~declan/bair/

> 	I saw how contemptuously Declan treated the DeCSS programmers:

> 	There's plenty more. But hey, according to Declan, I'm deranged.
> So who to believe? Declan is a fine chanter of rants, while in contrast,
> I am Not A Libertarian. That should settle the issue right there.

No, plenty of lefties think Seth is deranged as well. Some, like
Michael Sims of Slashdot, have gone public with their thoughts.

I suspect this will be my last post in this thread. Arguing with Net-loons
on a crusade is usually not a very productive experience in general,
and in this case in particular even more so.

-Declan