Laws of mathematics, not of men

Faustine a3495 at cotse.com
Wed Aug 1 15:42:11 PDT 2001

Sandy wrote:

>In California, (with some specific exceptions)
>carrying a concealed knife is a felony,

Actually, I was told that if it has a blade under 3 inches you're fine. My
hands are so small I don't need a big one anyway. For what it's worth, here
are the specs on the best California-street-legal defensive knife I've ever
seen:

Smith & Wesson Small SWAT Tactical Folder

Each folder features a Kraton insert for a more secure gripping surface,
and ergonomic contours. Depending on your needs, there are a variety of
sizes and two colors to choose from as well.

Small SWAT
 2001 / 3001
Length, Open: 6"
Length, Closed: 3.3"
Blade Length: 2.8"
Blade Material: 440C Steel
Handle Material: Aluminum
Locking Method: Liner Lock
Opening Method: Thumbstud
Clip: Yes
Weight: 2.35oz

The Black coated models feature a teflon coated blade and handle, with the
handle coating textured for enhanced gripping during situations where the
material may be slick.

Each knife features a thumbstud for ease of opening, and a pocketclip
situated for tip down carry."

Highly recommended...hope that helps!

~Faustine.