Pleading the 5th

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Mon Apr 16 12:45:03 PDT 2001

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 12:08:57AM -0500, Jim Choate wrote:
> > Yep, let's bitch about how stupid I am and how I don't get it. And at the
> > same time hope nobody notices you're doing nothing but waving your hands.
> > Your forte is clearly the ad hominim.
>
> Hardly. But let's assume arguendo that you actually *are* insane, or
> a bit Bellsian, perhaps, on a bad day. You'd have to reluctantly agree
> that under that hypothetical, it doesn't make sense to argue with a Choate. :

If you intend to argue you need two things you consistently lack,

a point

a line of reasoning backing it up.

> > There is no implied consent with respect to removing copyright from the
> > author of any traffic throug the CDR.
>
> I never claimed there was.

Yes, you did. You specificaly said that posts through the CDR were
implicitly usable for commercial use (ie your using them in a article)
without permission or other contact to the author. You also compared it to
USENET with some hair brain claim that USENET posts were public domain.

So far, all you've done is repeat it over and over.

No point, no line of reasoning.

            The ultimate authority...resides in the people alone.

                                             James Madison

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com