Pleading the 5th

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Thu Apr 12 17:56:37 PDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> Okay, Jim, let's test your tortured interpretation of the law.
>
> I'll take one of your posts that's 201 lines long and post it on my
> website, properly attributed. You sue me, and we'll watch what
> happens. Ready?

I never said I had intent to sue anyone. I only said that I would not, and
don't, intend to give commercial permission for the reproduction of my
words. And I specifically used you as an example. I also asserted that no
such permission is given by participating in the CDR, implicitly or
explicity. Contrary to your assertion.

Having you hop around like a frog on a hot plate is quite entertaining
enough in its own way.

Thank you for the free advertising.

            The ultimate authority...resides in the people alone.

                                             James Madison

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com