Seth Finkelstein, reluctant cypherpunk?

Seth Finkelstein sethf at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 4 01:22:43 PDT 2001

Declan McCullagh wrote:
> It's important for cypherpunks to understand why Seth Finkelstein has
> (apparently) recently subscribed to the list.

	As I predicted, quote: "And you're a Libertarian and I'm not, too!"

	Sigh. If you'd bothered to *read* my messages before writing
the above, you'd know that there is no secret and no mystery: John Young
forwarded private e-mail of mine to the list, and requested that I
make any other comments about the case not private, but public. Under
the circumstances, I didn't take offense from his concern, and was
willing to do as he wished. After all, I'm not the one in jail.
Or even a person testifying to put someone in jail. It's not a big deal.

	I occasionally read articles on list, from the web through
http://www.inet-one.com/cypherpunks. I've been following the Jim Bell
case off and on, and more closely since you were subpoenaed. Amusing
anecdote: At the start of CFP 2001, I was telling someone not to trust you,