Seth Finkelstein, reluctant cypherpunk?

An Metet anmetet at mixmaster.shinn.net
Tue Apr 3 23:07:47 PDT 2001

>So, do the participants of this list wish to actually get something done
>with regard to securing privacy, or shall we just spin our wheels in
>internecine warfare?

I, a long-time Cypherpunk Movement member known as "anonymous",
share this sentiment.

Cypherpunks deal with technology in the first place. Our goal is
spreading crypto literacy, seeding the sheeple (god, I feel divine)
with means to immunize itself from the Watchers.

It is completely irrelevant how many government-sponsored agents
circulate among us. Assume that the number is 25%. Or 5. Or whatever.
Who cares ? As long as we stick to the technology all feds can do are
these pesky subpoenas.

And speaking of technology and education, I wonder WHAT DOES IT TAKE
to organise free crypto classes in the Bay Area ? I can donate time
and some money. I know 2 others who are willing to do the same.
We need at least 3-4 more volunteers.

I am specifically not interested in Mr. May's views on this - solitary
masturbation is so boring.