CDR: Re: Noah's Flood

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Thu Sep 14 18:12:34 PDT 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, R. A. Hettinga wrote:

> Evidently, there's oceanographic evidence that the Mediterranean itself was
> dry at one time, with an equivalent event (well of type, it was by
> definition, larger) at Gibraltar, though, it seems to me that it was
> sometime very much closer to the last ice age than the events described in
> today's news.

Actualy it's been dry several times. The Med is in a 'salinity crisis'.
The most recent time the Atlantic broke through at Gibralter there was a
waterfall that was several thousand feet high. The mean level of the Med
is lower even today than the Atlantic with a net flow into the Med.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com