CDR: Re: Why?

Phaedrus phaedrus at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Sep 13 09:16:00 PDT 2000

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Jim Choate wrote:

> A *federal* child care facility. What knuckle-head ok'ed putting a child
> care facility in the same building as several federal LEA headquarters?
> And what sort of parent would want to put their child there...?

Sheeple, who don't think defensively. Even for their kids

oh, don't get me wrong, a convicted child molester moving into town, or
maybe an 'obscene' website, they'll scream about -- but they don't think
about real danger

Some years ago, in a Northern Virginia neighborhood that I lived near, a
group of theives went down the street at night and tried to open car
doors, when they found one that was unlocked they looted it. Amoung their
take were several handguns. What boggled me at the time was that if
someone was paranoid/intelligent enough to carry a gun, why weren't they
paranoid/intelligent enough to lock the damn car door at night?

The answer that eluded me at the time was that intelligence and paranoia
are two different things, and paranoia without intelligence is dangerous.

And americans seem to be lacking in intelligence

> Their own kids? That level of cold blooded-ness is probably unrealistic.

This would probably have not been a decision made by the parents of the
kids in question. Most sheeple aren't that intelligent or cold-blooded.

Ph.