CDR: Re: europe physical meeting

Tom Vogt tom at ricardo.de
Tue Sep 5 03:38:51 PDT 2000

Ralf-Philipp Weinmann wrote:
> hmm.. we're still talking about hamburg here, right ?

yes

> you're right in so
> far as since this is the first european cypherpunk meeting one can have
> absolutely no idea how many people will be showing. depending on how well
> announced the meeting is i'd guess > 50 people however (maybe the bay area
> people can give us a rough count on how much people are showing to an averge
> meeting there and we can try to extrapolate something from that - cultural
> difference nonwithstanding :)... there were physical meetings in non-west-coast
> places as well, dunno remember where however. the numbers for those should be
> a little bit more of a benchmark/pointer to us).

any hints welcome. I know I'd be shot on the spot if I make a suggestion
such as "here's a webpage, click the button if you want to come." :))

but at least a rough estimate would help.

> A cafe sounds like a good idea, we might try meeting at a mall, on a public
> place or somewhere else however.

that's why I'm looking for a place with outside tables. you can just
wander by and see the group, the crypto books, whatever.