CDR: Re: europe physical meeting

Ralf-Philipp Weinmann weinmann at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Sep 4 07:03:09 PDT 2000

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Tom Vogt wrote:

> here's the rundown:
>
> - a time
> ========
> my current plan says: Friday, 29th. September 2000
> that is close enough to actually happen, and still long enough to allow
> for planning and travel arrangements.
> if anyone wants to come, but can't on that specific date, please yell
> NOW and make an alternative suggestion.

sounds ok. has anyone heard what happened to the RSA patent expiration
party on sept 20, that was supposed to take place in amsterdam btw ?

> - a place
> =========
> since the number of participants is a total variable, that's a difficult
> part. I'm currently looking for some kind of cafe or other place with
> both indoors and outdoors seats/tables that's large enough, has an
> acceptable atmosphere and is otherwise suitable.

hmm.. we're still talking about hamburg here, right ? you're right in so
far as since this is the first european cypherpunk meeting one can have
absolutely no idea how many people will be showing. depending on how well
announced the meeting is i'd guess > 50 people however (maybe the bay area
people can give us a rough count on how much people are showing to an averge
meeting there and we can try to extrapolate something from that - cultural
difference nonwithstanding :)... there were physical meetings in non-west-coast
places as well, dunno remember where however. the numbers for those should be
a little bit more of a benchmark/pointer to us).
A cafe sounds like a good idea, we might try meeting at a mall, on a public
place or somewhere else however.

> - an agenda
> ===========
> there should be at least a rough outline and a topic or two. if anyone
> wants to speak about a specific topic, tell me.

still thinking about that. i have a couple of topics in mind. will post
to the list after further re-consideration.

let's get things kicking!

cheers,
-ralf

--
Ralf-P. Weinmann <rpw at uni.de>
PGP fingerprint: 2048/46C772078ACB58DEF6EBF8030CBF1724