CDR: Re: Re: Insurance (was: why should it be trusted?) cpunk

sunder sunder at sunder.net
Wed Oct 25 13:34:20 PDT 2000

jim bell wrote:

> And if you've been following science issues over the last few years, it is
> now shown that dumping iron ions (at nanomolar levels) in the south Pacific
> ocean greatly assists the growing of biota which sequester CO2 from the
> atmosphere.  Sure, as easy as this may end up being, that's going to require

There is a book that this is written in about called "Deep Time" which is
a damned good read IMHO.  (It's about how to make things last for millenia.)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0380975378/qid=972503490/sr=1-3/102-7742712-2792108

The best quote from the guy that thought up the idea of feeding plankton
FeO2 was "Give me a frigate full of rust, and I'll give you your next
ice age." (from wetware RAM, #include <stdwarn.h>)

The current issue of Wired wrote up on this also.

--
 + ^ + :Surveillance cameras|Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\