CDR: Re: Congress proposes raiding census records.

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Wed Oct 25 09:38:01 PDT 2000

At 09:45 AM 10/25/00 -0400, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>I didn't answer even that question. I did not return the form.
>
>My result was the same as yours: No visits or inquiries.
>
>That's a shame. If I get fined $100, I can write a column about my
>experience and sell it for much more.
>
>-Declan

Some folks who didn't send theirs in did get visits by (otherwise
unemployable) censusworkers.  They went away when told to do so,
I'm told.

My favorite census story was the (true) one where the (nice old lady
working for the Fedz) census worker got literally eaten by the dozen or so
dogs some nonresponding dude kept in his yard.