CDR: Re: why should it be trusted?

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Mon Oct 23 05:22:40 PDT 2000

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Me wrote:

> My own aside, how many votes are required before my right to
> security in person and property should be violated?  50% + 1?

None, all it takes is probably cause (per the 4th). You have a right to
privacy until your actions infract anothers rights.

> Why only American citizens?  There are entire countries whose
> populations are worse off than the most poorly ensured USAian.
> Doesn't your heart bleed for them?

I empathise, but it is their country after all, This is mine.

> Regardless, don't go to the trouble of raising taxes and cutting
> military spending - it isn't needed.  I can personally provide a
> some level of healthcare for every American citizen.  I'm
> assuming quality of care isn't a consideration?

'some level' is not 'adequate level'. Right now every American already has
'some level'.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com