CDR: Re: why should it be trusted?

Me commerce at home.com
Sun Oct 22 21:59:08 PDT 2000

From: "Nathan Saper" <natedog at well.com>
> However, I think most people would be willing to vote for a
bill that
> would guarantee insurance for people with genetic
abnormalities, even

My own aside, how many votes are required before my right to
security in person and property should be violated?  50% + 1?

> > We cannot provide all the medical care for everyone who might
want it.  The
> > question then is who decides who lives and who dies?
> We could easily provide healthcare for every American citizen.
Just
> raise taxes a bit, and cut out most of our military spending.

Why only American citizens?  There are entire countries whose
populations are worse off than the most poorly ensured USAian.
Doesn't your heart bleed for them?

Regardless, don't go to the trouble of raising taxes and cutting
military spending - it isn't needed.  I can personally provide a
some level of healthcare for every American citizen.  I'm
assuming quality of care isn't a consideration?