CDR: Re: defaulting on US Dept Ed. school loans

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Fri Oct 20 23:10:18 PDT 2000

At 08:29 PM 10/20/00 GMT, Tito Singh wrote:
>Any suggested parameters or "recipes" for ducking under the govt's radar
>regarding school loan collection....minimal property holdings, shift
>belongings to spouses name, cousins name, liquidize and hide....etc...

Yup.  Quit your job at the police force and go join the
French Foreign Legion.  See the world, meet exciting and
interesting people, and kill them.   C'mon, Joe, you can always
change your name.

Declaring bankruptcy is another popular approach.

Of course, the way my generation dealt with the problem
was to have low-interest student loans which the Carter and
Reagan governments inflated into pocket change.
Kids these days have to go back to the old-fashioned way
of financing them, like working hard for a long time
to pay them back.
				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com