CDR: Re: Re: Re: why should it be trusted?

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Oct 18 19:56:30 PDT 2000

At 9:20 PM -0500 10/18/00, Neil Johnson wrote:
> [...]

The insurance company does NOT have any control over Bob's risks!
Whatever gave you that idea?

All the insurance company can do is to estimate the risks and costs
of treatment as best they can and then make Bob an offer on how much
they will charge to promise to treat him if and when he gets sick or
is injured.

I am unable to find any gentler way to say this: a lot of you (Neil,
Yardena, Nathan, Robert, etc.) are woefully ignorant of economics,
markets, and the nature of a free society.

In this insurance debate, several of you seem to think that Bob has
some "right" to insurance...at the price _he_ or some committee
thinks is "fair."

Please read up on some basic economics--preferably not Marxist economics.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.