CDR: Re: Rijndael & Hitachi

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Tue Oct 10 17:49:58 PDT 2000

At 03:59 PM 10/10/00 -0600, Michael Paul Johnson wrote:
>>I was thinking it might be useful to define a "Paranoid Encryption
Standard (PES)" that is a concatenation of all five AES finalists, applied
in alphabetical order, all with the same key (128-bit or 256-bit). ...

>To be truly paranoid, shouldn't you use independent, unrelated keys? What
if the "outermost" cipher falls to an attack that allows the key to be
computed, thus allowing the same key to be plugged into all the "inner"
ciphers?

And the Ultra-Paranoid ES, which adds random salt to each stage between
ciphers...