CDR: Re: stego for the censored

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Sat Oct 7 16:50:10 PDT 2000

Steve Furlong wrote:
> Not good enough, I'm afraid. As Tim said, if the authorities in an
> authoritarian regime _suspect_ secrets are being passed they have
> "probable cause" to break out the jumper cables.

So what you need is wide scale deployment of the stego decoder in some
otherwise popular software.  Eg. talk ID Games into putting a stego
subliminal channel in doom computer generated character movements so
network doom players can talk to each other steganographically by
playing a game and typing in some "cheat mode" to switch the mode on.

(The stego channel is the RNG).

Adam