CDR: Re: Carnivore Probe Mollifies Some

Kevin Elliott k-elliott at wiu.edu
Wed Nov 29 17:31:54 PST 2000

At 06:54 -0500  on  11/28/00, Ken Brown wrote:
>Tim May wrote:
>
>[...snip...]
>
>>  Well, if I ran a small ISP, I think I'd say: "You got a wiretap order
>>  for one person. That order has now run its course. Get your machine
>>  out of my cage."

>Of course if they leave the machine in the cage you can always stop
>feeding it electricity. Or take it home to show the neighbours. It might
>make a good conversation piece at dinner. Or maybe use it as an ashtray.

I'm personally of the opinion that every server room should be hosed
our regularly.  And it would of course be against the law for you to
remove the machine or unplug it without an appropriate court order...
--

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both
instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly