CDR: Re: Jim Bell arrested, documents online

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Nov 22 09:47:39 PST 2000

At 12:17 PM -0500 11/22/00, David Honig wrote:
>At 08:31 PM 11/21/00 -0500, Ray Dillinger wrote:
>>
>>I have just read his paper on Assassination Politics, at
>>
>>Basically, assassination is illegal, and the courts will
>>interpret the law in whatever way they need to in order
>>to stop assassinations from happening.
>
>>Even if they couldn't find a specific law to charge the
>>operator of an AP server with, or couldn't get a conviction
>>on the laws they'd charged him/her with, they would doubtless
>>issue a court order commanding the operators of the server
>>to cease and desist.
>
>Correct, except that you haven't grasped that it will be impossible
>to trace anything to anyone.

Yeah, it's disappointing to read comments like:

"I have just read his paper on Assassination Politics, at
http://www.jya.com/ap.htm. "

(from Ray Dillinger)

Our mailing list has now dwindled down to a handful of active
posters. (Many drawn off by the siren call of "no politics" on other
lists...until those lists start talking about politics, as
cross-posts are showing!)

Folks should be "up to speed" on the "classics" before expounding.

As to the specifics of Bell's case, I find that those who comment too
much get invited by the cops and narcs to come and help their cases
in court. So I avoid commenting.

Anything I have said to Bell is not directly traceable to me.

--Tim May
--
(This .sig file has not been significantly changed since 1992. As the
election debacle unfolds, it is time to prepare a new one. Stay tuned.)