CDR: Re: Florida Supreme Court freezes certification

jonathan at screaming.org jonathan at screaming.org
Fri Nov 17 19:29:11 PST 2000

Mr. not-so-well said:
> > Florida Supreme Court freezes certification.
> >
> > (That's it.)
(As they well should have, given its statistical invalidity.)

To which replied some entity which cannot distinguish Bush Spin from
actual events:
> Hmmm.  That would seem to be a violation of separation of powers.
>
> The Florida deadline law is very clear.  If the Florida Supreme
> Court wishes to rule on a suit that the Dems bring up then that
> is their authority, but preventing the Secretary of State from
> doing her duly appointed job seems to be a violation of
> separation of powers.

Except that the legal motion was filed by the Reps, not the Dems,
originally. They brought it on them-damn-selves. Idiots.

Christ. Is the entire Republican Establishment as fucking low-IQ as
GWB? What a bunch of morons/amateurs. The only--*only*--aspect of AG
that I can respect is the fact that he can read at at least an 8th
grade level. Fuck.

For those of us that understand that our Constitutional Rights(tm) may
hang in the balance (for, oh, say the next 20 years or so), I can't
say that having an illiterate moron in The Office is a reassuring
idea--I mean, I thought that at least the Puppet Masters weren't such
lamerz. Thank <your favorite entity here> that whomever takes the Oval
office, he'll swear in with his proverbial intestines around his
proverbial ankles.

Evisceration2000

/jonathan