CDR: Re: Democrats are arguing for "statistical sampling voting"

Kevin Elliott k-elliott at wiu.edu
Sun Nov 12 11:15:45 PST 2000

At 17:52 -0800 11/9/00, Tim May wrote:
>At 8:55 PM -0500 11/9/00, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>>I suggest that we find one county for each state that we believe to be
>>representative, let them vote, and then extrapolate from their results
>>and assign electors accordingly.
>>
>>Or perhaps one household per state. I volunteer Tim and his cats to to
>>represent California. I know the way Nietzsche would vote, at least.
>>

>I put a ballot in front of him, consisting of three open cans of cat food:
>
>Gore:  O
>
>             O : Buchanan
>
>Bush: O
>
>He spoiled his ballot by eating out of more than one can, though, so
>he has now brought in Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Tawana Brawley,
>and Morris the Cat to argue that he was confused and should be given
>a "do over."
>
>--Tim May

OH GOD!!!  This means that assuming you vote correctly, OVER HALF of
California's ballots will have been spoiled!  I demand a recount, the
will of the peple has been thwarted...
--

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both
instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly