CDR: Re: A successful lawsuit means Gore wins!

Max Inux maxinux at openpgp.net
Thu Nov 9 22:32:42 PST 2000

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Neil Johnson wrote:
>Was the Florida Ballot possibly confusing ? Yes!

Thats arguable, Ive seen tests in schools like that before, besides
they've used that format before! three times I do believe, just bitching
THIS TIME

>Should it be redesigned for the next election? Yes!

I can buy that

>Does it mean those people should get to re-vote ? No!

Exactly!  They know they control the outcome, it would then become the
vote of 19000 people to decide the election.  Sorry, election day was
November the 7th.

>Do I get a chance to do them over ? Nope.

>Unless they can demonstrate real fraud or negligence on the part of election
>officials (refusing to give voters replacement ballots if they screw up in
>the booth), the results of the recount should stand. Otherwise we will be
>opening a giant can of worms.

Even if there was that sort of negligence (no new ballots) as long as that
was equal to everyone there, not just to any one 'type' of person, who
cares.  No matter what, a revote is impossible.

>As for Gore having more actual votes than Bush, it doesn't matter. If you're
>not happy about that, push to have the Constitution amended (Good Luck!).

I could see that being a possibility

Max Inux
<maxinux at openpgp.net>
HTTP://www.OpenPGP.Net