CDR: Re: A very brief politcal rant

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Thu Nov 9 20:17:37 PST 2000

Well, if it is an unconstitutional election-appointment combination,
then technicalities *do* count, if only to keep some respect for that
tattered document alive.

I don't care much about that election, and it is big of Ashcroft to
step aside, but the law turns on what you dismiss as mere
"technicalities."

-Declan