CDR: Re: Jim Bell's House Being Searched

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Nov 6 13:24:13 PST 2000

At 3:53 PM -0500 11/6/00, Me wrote:
>From: "Tim May" <tcmay at got.net>
>>  >Just received word from Jim that there are some law
>>  > enforcement types going through a search of his house
>>  In any case, which of us will be next?
>
>If its you, I expect I will hear about it on CNN before
>Cypherpunks.

Unlikely to make CNN. A couple of raids I know about in other
California towns, including Modesto and Taft, never got any attention
from the national press. It takes a "high visibility" case, like the
black actor blown away in L.A., or the black Haitian blown away in
NYC, to generate national interest. A white guy getting shot by cops
is just part of the business of getting rid of right wing extremists.

Amerika--obey it or leave it.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.