CDR: Applying California law to ICANN

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sun Nov 5 12:33:34 PST 2000

At 12:15 PM -0800 11/5/00, jim bell wrote:

>Other entities, like churches for example, exist within California but
>aren't especially controlled by California law.  ICANN  probably "needs" no
>greater regulation than a church does:  The building it's in will probably
>follow California building codes, and the people who work there will pay US
>and California taxes.  But other than this, it is unclear why ICANN should
>even be controllable by California law?

If companies and even health clubs are subjected to Calfornia's
various laws about discrimination, hate crimes, and other political
correctness issues, why would ICANN, a California corporation _not_
be subject to these various rules and regulations?

(By including "health clubs," I don't mean building code or health
regulations. I mean things like the law banning gyms from
discriminating against women, though women-only clubs are still
legal. The chick lawyers got this exemption put into law...something
about "providing protected spaces for womyn." Many other examples
abound of California law being used as an instrument of majoritarian
herd rule politics.)

It may well be that political activists discover this whole ICANN
thing and realize they have a golden opportunity to have California
laws applied to black/delist sites they dislike, organizations they
think are racist, etc.

The Southern Law Poverty Center, the Simon Wiesenthal Hate Center,
and other ZOG-controlled commie organizations will likely be going
into overtime.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.