Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Sat Dec 9 08:46:30 PST 2000

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 03:00:47AM -0800, Jonathan Wienke wrote:
> Hasn't any seen the movie 6th Day? Who needs a password when you can borrow
> the necessary biometric token from its owner if you have a hatchet or decent
> knife?

I taped a CSPAN show about two years ago before a bunch of high
school kids who were in DC for the week.

The subject of fingerprint access to bank ATMs came up and I mentioned
the lop-off-one-digit scenario. They were appropriately horrified, and
I don't think the moderator enjoyed it much either...

-Declan